1) Prepares kitchen and dining area which may include setting up grill, changing oil, stocking kitchen, setting up salad bar and the condiment or beverage areas, dessert stations, brews beverages.
2) Maintains clean and sanitary work, especially in kitchen and dining areas which may include sweeping and scrubbing, cleaning tables, countertops, and machines or washing dishes and utensils. Ensures safety of food and food contact surfaces while maintaining sanitation standards. Observes strict safety rules.
3) Prepares food for cooking which may include cleaning and peeling potatoes, cutting salad bar items, wrapping food, or preparing sandwiches.
4) May stock serving line and/or serve food; monitors condition of items in both un-refrigerated and refrigerated settings such as salad bars; may operate cash register.
5) Reads and interprets recipes to mix, prepare and assemble salads, desserts, dressings & special menu items; cooks pasta, potatoes, eggs, stir-fry food, makes sandwiches. May include the use of deep fat fryers, grills, steamers and/or ovens and other kitchen equipment; records temperature, monitors and records amounts prepared/amounts left over.
6) Maintains all food items at proper temperatures as instructed; ensures that food samples are taken and properly stored for 72 hours.
7) Responds to client requests for service, special diets, as well as other information in a friendly and helpful manner.
8) Assists in providing guidance to other employees in the performance of their duties; coordinates efficient work flow and instructs in the proper use of equipment and utensils.
Requires a high school diploma or GED. No experience required.
Valid drivers license may be required.
How to Apply