Goal: To plan and implement an ongoing program of activities that promote the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of each child, in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning approach to teaching and learning.
- Must meet basic requirements of local child care regulatory agency
- Previous teaching or assistant teaching position in a licensed early childhood program preferred
- Knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations. Must be able to properly lift infants into and out of a crib.
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a group of children.
- Observes all rules and regulations at Primrose School of Symmes and the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
- Assesses each child's developmental needs on an ongoing basis.
- Implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning curriculum and programming.
- Plans with a member of the Leadership Team the parent-teacher conferences and student evaluations.
- Maintains an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence.
- Provides verbal recognition and acceptance to children while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions.
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the Primrose School of Symmes Employee Handbook
- Assists in other capacities that Director, or designee, determines is necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.50 to $13.00 /hour
Competent and confident
Good listening and follow-up skills
Able to work with others harmoniously
High coping capabilities
Solution and detail-oriented
Strong organizational skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How to Apply
E-mail resume: Administrators@PrimroseSymmes.com
Call (513) 697-6970 and speak with either Becca Link or Shannon Reeves