An Irrigation Specialist performs installation, maintenance and repair of irrigation systems.
- Operates power equipment and hand tools to install, maintain and repair irrigation systems and related components including irrigation lines, sprinkler heads, control panels, valves, pumps, etc.
- Checks system for proper operation and timing.
- May participate in the design or modification of new or existing systems.
- Performs seasonal maintenance such as system charging and draining.
- Maintains inventory of related parts and supplies.
- May lead workers on irrigation projects and work on other grounds related assignments as needed.
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, techniques, skills, materials, and methods of irrigation system design, installation and maintenance.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and drawings. Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to operate equipment such as trenching machines and digging tools and other related grounds/landscape equipment.
- Ability to read and write in English and possess good math skills.
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others. Ability to work in safe and efficient manner.
This position does not have a supervisory role.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts, and is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions and vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risks of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Some Saturdays are required.
No travel is expected for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident
High school diploma.
1-3 years of Irrigation Experience
How to Apply
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at http://www.bzak.com/employment.aspx.