The maintenance technician is responsible for lawn, shrub, tree and weed maintenance on job sites.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists with unloading of work trucks and delivery trucks.
- Ensures that job site staging area is clean and organized.
- Uses all maintenance tools and equipment according to company safety policy.
- Complies with company safety policy at all times.
- Reads maintenance order, reviews plan with Lawn Care Foreman/Supervisor/Manager/Specialist, and applies fertilizers, weed control and lawn and bed maintenance according to specifications.
- Operates a variety of mechanical equipment including but not limited to tillers, sod cutters, weed eaters, core aerator, chain saws, and drills.
- Operates automatic and stick shift vehicles, such as dump trucks and truck and trailer combinations.
- Assists the Foreman and/or Supervisor in interacting with clients by way of introductions at the beginning of a job, answering questions, responding to client requests, making reasonable changes to the plan, and providing a walk-through at the job’s completion.
- Assists the Lawn Care Foreman/Supervisor/Manager in planning and organizing the job, ensuring that sufficient resources and materials are available. Also ensures that job is completed in the most time-efficient manner.
- Assists the Lawn Care Foreman/Supervisor/Manager in managing a team of two or more employees, communicating to the team leader about personnel issues, and assisting in the training of employees on policies and procedures.
- Briefs Lawn Care Foreman, Supervisor, or Manager (whoever is most appropriate) and makes recommendations on job status, personnel issues, or client concerns.
- Works as a member of the team.
- Helps, as necessary, with snow removal during the winter months.
- Maintains assigned equipment and notifies mechanic of needed repairs.
- Applies chemicals under the direction of licensed applicator.
- Time Management.
- Project Management.
- Strong work ethic.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have full range of mobility in upper and lower body; be able to reach overhead; be able to work in various positions, including stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time; be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks; and be able to frequently lift 50 pounds of weight throughout the assigned workday.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Schedule fluctuates Monday through Saturday. Occasional overtime may be required.
No travel is expected for this position.
1 or more years of lawn care experience
Zero-turn mower experience
Willing to complete a background check and drug screen
Reliable transportation to and from work
Open to a Monday - Saturday schedule and 7am start time.
How to Apply
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply at http://www.bzak.com/employment.aspx.