THE GORILLA WAY
At Gorilla, our mission is to build brands people love with products we believe in alongside people we care about!
We believe in four pillars that are the driving force behind everything that we do which are Brands, Customer, Community and our People. We believe in our unique company culture and investing in the people who work here by caring about the totality of their lives which is why our core values are so important to us!
This position is responsible for leading a production line. This includes directing people on the line on what item to produce and what position they will occupy on the production line. The line lead will ensure everyone is performing their positions safely, ensure correct components are being used, ensure product quality is met and that quality and production paperwork is completed timely and accurately. It is important for this position to follow strict safety and quality protocol. This position will be looked at as a leader for the line. In addition, this person will be an active member of the production line, actively producing product each day.
- Ensure safety is the priority. In the event a safety issue or question arises, it will take priority over everything else on the production line.
- Ensure all people on the line are properly trained, and quality is always a priority.
- Direct people working on the lines, ensure they are doing the work required, per established job/labor standards.
- Determine and communicate when people rotate to different positions on the line.
- Assist in conducting shift start meeting huddles (safety, quality and production updates).
- Follow direction from the team leader and supervisor.
- Assist and verify training of new employees.
- Ensure proper components are brought to the production line.
- Ensure boxes or other components are pre-labeled as required.
- Ensure all paperwork filled in correctly and completely.
- Report production numbers.
- Report scrap numbers.
- Report production and issues on a 2hrs tracking board.
- Report personnel issues to the Team Lead or Production Supervisor and assist in resolving the issues.
- Have basic working knowledge of the machines to be able to diagnose and correct minor issues, as trained.
- Assist in all changeovers to ensure minimal downtime.
- Contact and work with maintenance to resolve issues with equipment on the production lines, as trained.
- Actively participate in corporate and team Continuous Improvement events and activities.
- Lead any special projects given by management such as repackaging, reworking, etc.
- Additional duties as assigned.