Chesterwood Village, a senior living facility with Hillandale Communities, is seeking a full-time Medical Records Technician to join our team! Prior experience in Medical Records is required. This position is located in West Chester, Ohio and reports to the facility Administrator.
The ideal candidate for this position will maintain medical records in accordance with federal and state guidelines, as well as established policies and procedures, to ensure that a complete and compliant medical records program is maintained.
The Medical Records Technician responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Organizing, planning and managing health information in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Collecting, assembling, checking and filing resident charts as required.
- Ensuring incomplete records/charts are returned to nursing service, ancillary staff and Physicians for correction/completion.
- Assisting in developing procedures to ensure medical records are properly completed, coded, signed, data computerized, etc., before filing.
- Collecting and assembling/compiling records for committee review, as requested, and prepare reports for staff/other committees as directed.
- Following procedure to ensure charts/records do not leave designated and appropriate areas unless authorized and per facility policies and procedures.
- Maintaining the Accounting of Disclosure Log for review/copies of resident medical records.
- Abstracting information from medical records as authorized/required for insurance companies, Medicare, etc.
- Maintaining various registries as directed including register for admission and discharge of residents.
- Attending and participating in continuing educational programs.
- Other related duties as may become necessary or as directed.
We are seeking candidates with the following:
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience in medical records required
- Knowledge of medical terminology, confidentiality of medical records, and privacy of information
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Experience using computer systems and general office equipment
Hillandale offers an impressive collection of benefits!
Full-Time (30+ hours/week) Employees may be eligible for:
· Paid Time Off Accrual – from date of hire
· Holiday Pay
· Medical Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Discount Plan
· Life Insurance – paid for by company
· Short-Term Disability Insurance
· 401(k) Company Match
· Employee Referral Bonus
· Tuition Reimbursement
Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made everyday – including cell phone service!
Enjoy a rewarding career with a family owned company that values caring for its residents like family and has received numerous awards including Best of 2016 in healthcare and retirement communities and has a consistent 5-star rating in state surveys and customer satisfaction.
Candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment background check, physical examination, drug screen and TB testing.
Hillandale Communities is an EOE/M/F/D/V and Drug-Free and Smoke-Free Workplace.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Prior experience in medical records required
Knowledge of medical terminology, confidentiality of medical records, and privacy of information
How to Apply