Who we are looking for
As a family owned and operated small business serving the community, we are looking for Teachers and Aids to join the Little Hands family to care for children. We need several individuals to ensure child staff ratios are maintained per state regulations.
This may be a great fit for anyone working towards getting CDA or enrolled in an early childhood education program.
The ideal candidate(s) will be:
- Passionate about contributing to the wellbeing of children
- Proactive and friendly conversation starter who is not shy
- Creative with excellent customer service skills and problem solver
- Good sense of humor and positive attitude
- Great listener and open minded
- Comfortable with ambiguity and not afraid to ask questions
- Flexible with willingness to adapt
- Someone who takes ownership of things and follows through on assigned tasks
- Team player who is willing to learn
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
You will report to the owner and the assistant administrator of the center. You will support several daily, weekly and monthly tasks related to our licensing requirements.
- Supervise children and attend to their needs
- Oversee and feed children during meal times
- Implement curriculum and routines for children
- Clean and sanitize classrooms
- Complete all mandatory paperwork required for record keeping
- Fulfill required trainings throughout the year to ensure compliance per state rules
- Additional duties as needed
We need to cover several classrooms between 7:00am and 7:00pm. This position is open to several individuals willing to work part-time, with the potential for full-time.
Our Story in brief
Little Hands Center was founded in 2001 by Maritza Garcia. It started as a small in home daycare, certified by Hamilton County Job & Family Services, with a maximum capacity to care for 6 children. As time passed, Mrs. Garcia recognized the growing need to provide quality childcare for families in the Hispanic community of Greater Cincinnati. As a result in 2007, Mrs. Garcia acquired a Type A Home license allowing Little Hands to expand to serve a maximum of 12 children with one additional employee. Ultimately, Little Hands outgrew Mrs. Garcia’s home and was developed into a childcare center in 2014. You may learn more by visiting www.LittleHandsCenter.com.
We are a for-profit small business serving families in the community. Our work allows parents to work so that they can provide for their families.
In addition to the personal skills listed above, you must meet the following requirements:
Pass background check
High school diploma
If you speak Spanish this is definitely a plus, although not required
CDA is a great plus! (However, we are willing to assist you in acquiring your CDA!)
How to Apply
You have 2 options to apply:
1. Apply in person Monday - Friday from 10am to 6pm; or
2. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We interview by appointment only.