POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Phlebotomy Clinical Coordinator supports the 4-month Phlebotomy certificate program by communicating with clinical sites; coordinating clinical schedules, contracts, and site requirements; and scheduling externship hours for Phlebotomy students across a variety of sites. This position will also support Phlebotomy Instructors by attending all lab nights and providing instructional support as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To be qualified for this position, applicants must possess:
- Ability to secure an Ohio Department of Education Adult Education permit in the area of AWE Health Occupations (070000);
- At least two (2) years work experience in the phlebotomy field;
- Previous Phlebotomy instructor experience preferred;
- Student-oriented teaching style with ability to adjust approach to suit individual adult learner needs;
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to work with students, teachers, and administrators as a team member;
- Proficiency in email and Microsoft Office programs;
- Effective and demonstrated problem solving, critical thinking, analytical, oral and written communication, presentation, and organizational skills;
- History of strong work record, including good job attendance;
- Dependable transportation and willing to travel to local clinical sites; and
- Documented evidence of acceptable criminal record as required by Ohio law and Board policy.
HOURLY RATE: $22.00/hour