Operate various types of air powered grinders and sanders to handcraft parts to remove pitting, burrs, protrusions, etc. while maintaining specified contours and tolerances. Complete routers properly with inspection information for each part run. Hold and/or create correct dimensions of radii, boss size, wall thickness, surface finish, etc. Inspect and rework parts as specified by Quality Assurance Department. A good mechanical aptitude and previous experience using air powered grinders, sanders and finishers is preferred.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hand-finish cases and structures to remove imperfections and irregularities or finish surfaces and contours so parts meet customers’ specifications and production standards.
- Operate various types of air-powered grinders, sanders, and tools to handcraft parts by removing pitting, burrs, protrusions, etc.
- Maintaining specified contours and tolerances
- Complete routers properly with inspection information on each part
3.0 Education and/or Experience Requirements:
Minimum of one-year prior experience preferred using hand-grinding equipment for benching, industrial polishing, auto body, or other position requiring hand dexterity. Experience using precision measuring equipment and ability to read detailed dimensional drawings.
4.0 Physical Requirements:
Regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Frequently required to stoop, climb, reach at or above shoulder level, and push or pull wheeled items weighing up to 400 pounds. Occasionally must squat, kneel, and lift up to 60 pounds independently or up to 100 pounds with assistance. Repetitive actions include simple grasping, firm grasping, and fine manipulation. Specific vision requirements include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus. Regular exposure to dirt, fumes, and chemicals. Required to wear hearing protection if noise exposure equals or exceeds a weighted average of 85 decibels (dBA) in a consecutive 8-hour time period.