Job ID: 5157 - AFSCME - FT (Hourly)
Performs moderately complex repair or construction of university facilities or property which require specialized training in a skilled trade.
Position’s primary purpose is to ensure, through the HVAC retro commissioning process, that all BAS control devices are in good working order and that any repairs are completed promptly and properly.
- Reviews job orders and blueprints or drawings; inspects site and consults with client; determines best method to complete project.
- Estimates amount of materials and equipment needed to complete project; arranges for materials to be at job site.
- Performs complex repair or installation on University facilities and property using expertise acquired through specialized training in a skilled trade.
- Assists outside contractors as needed; assists craftspersons from other trades as needed.
- Maintains and cleans tools and equipment; maintains work area in a clean and orderly manner.
- May prepare some paperwork; may maintain files.
- HVAC Retro Commissioning- Perform retro commissioning of HVAC equipment and BAS control system devices as needed; may work as part of a team to accomplish retro commissioning tasks.
- Operations and Monitoring Function – Ability to diagnose and repair BAS field panels and components; monitors and responds to alarms generated by the BAS; monitors and responds to communication trunk alarms and panel network issues.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.
Requires nine months training beyond high school in a skilled trade and two years of experience in that trade, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Driver's license required.
How to Apply