This Maintenance position will be responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing plant equipment to help ensure continuous plant operations and production requirements. Assists in the creation of PM programs; provides facilities maintenance and production support as needed; supports plant controls, automation and programming needs; carries out equipment design, programming and installation work under the direction on the Maintenance Project Coordinator when necessary.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acquires and maintains a detailed understanding of processes and equipment.
- Disassembles, cleans and repair all equipment both mechanically and electrically.
- Performs electronic repair (such as relay installation, etc.), calibration and alignment to equipment;
- Resolves equipment process and product problems utilizing established problem-solving methods, technical resources and by working with fellow associates, management, and outside vendors.
- Executes maintenance responsibilities in conjunction with daily production plans, managing work orders to ensure timely completion while maintaining high quality and low breakage.
- Maintains efficient use of labor, process supplies and tools to help meet plant budgets.
- Enters all maintenance data, performs all necessary routine maintenance, including planning and tracking and other equipment activities utilizing maintenance management software.
- Provides support and maintains open communication with facility management staff.
- Assists to ensure that hourly established production goals and standards are being met.
- Maintains reports, logs, charts or other tracking tools as required.
- Supports team so as to consistently meet KPIs
- Demonstrates and utilizes continuous improvement techniques to exceed minimum standards
- Knows and follows safety procedures and standards including Lock-Out/Tag-Out.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed.
Journeymen/ Licensed Electrician Requirements:
- Licensed Electrician or Journeyman
- 2-4 years’ experience in Manufacturing Environment is REQUIRED
- A hard worker with a good and positive attitude.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- Must have own basic tools to perform all job duties
- Able to decipher technical information.
Allegion employees are critical to our shared success. We are committed to helping our employees reach their professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employees, which in turn spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relation
The following are required of the Maintenance position:
•Has advanced knowledge, troubleshooting skills and repair techniques of electrical controls, circuits and systems.
•Has advanced knowledge, troubleshooting skills and repair techniques of mechanical and pneumatic components and systems.
•Has advanced knowledge and understanding of Allen Bradley PLCs, HMI, VFDs and other automated controls.
•Understands ladder logic and can perform some PLC programming functions and troubleshooting.
•Performs advanced level maintenance and repairs to all manufacturing and facility equipment and systems
•Performs preventive maintenance activities on production, processing and plant equipment and systems.
•Knowledge of parts as necessary.
•Able to follow directions and work unsupervised at times.
•Experience with fork lift, boom lift and scissor lift operation.
•Follows all Good Manufacturing Practices and safety guidelines.
•Familiar with Microsoft office programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
•Accurately fills out all required paperwork.
•Ability to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime and shift flexibility.
•Operates equipment and works safely, follows all Good Manufacturing Practices guidelines and keeps work area clean.
• Participates in meetings.
• Can operate simple shop equipment. (i.e., drills, saws, grinders, and sanders)
• Fills in for other positions as necessary
•Other duties as assigned
How to Apply
please email resumes to:
email@example.com or apply online @ https://allegion.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Cincinnati-OH/Electronic-Repair-B-Technician_JR8215