Our intention is to have employees who are passionate about making their personal mission statement come to life each day at work! Be it through providing healing, eradicating loneliness, contributing to efficiencies, streamlining processes, being dependable, sparking creativity or something else, the demonstration of HOW you do your job is just as important as WHAT you do in your job.
Alongside our valued employees, we are making a difference throughout the state of Ohio in the lives of those that need healthcare or those embracing the next chapter of their lives. Sustained members of our team demonstrate accountable behavior and share our values of customer service, innovation, integrity, financial stewardship, leadership and care.
The Activities Assistant provides assistance in all activity functions ensuring that an on-going program of activities is carried out to meet the interests and the physical, mental and psychosocial well-being of each resident is maintained in accordance with company standards and federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations.
Essential Activities and TasksCare Management and Service Delivery
- Performs day to day activity functions to provide programming that meets the residents' interests and the physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each resident.
- Encourages and assists residents to participate in hobbies and crafts.
- Assists bed-bound residents by visiting, writing/reading letters, providing materials for hobbies, etc.
- Makes routine visits to residents and assists with crafts, projects, etc.
- May assist with transporting residents to/from dining areas.
- May accompany residents to off-site activities where residents are loaded into buses, transported, unloaded, assisted, accompanied and returned to activities out of the building.
- Interacts with residents to ensure that quality care and positive resident/staff relations are taking place.
- Maintains open and trust-building relationships with resident family members, responding professionally and promptly to any requests or concerns.
- Communicates with residents or family members to obtain activity information.
- Provide reading materials in Braille, tapes, and recordings as needed.
- Coordinates scheduled parties, movies, games/activities appropriate for residents in various levels of care.
- Assists in developing an evening activity schedule.
- Completes individual monthly activity log for activities he/she has lead.
- Communicates needs for supplies/equipment as needed.
- Attends all-employee and departmental meetings and in-service training as scheduled or as directed.
Quality, Compliance, and Risk Management
- Develop and oversee written plans of care (preliminary and comprehensive) for each resident and assure that all activity progress notes (and plan of cares) are charted, informative and descriptive of the service provided and of the resident's response to the service.
- Maintains and reviews all charts, notes, and documentation for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with rules, regulations, and standards applicable to program services.
- Maintains the confidentiality of resident information and honors the residents' personal and property rights.
All other duties as assigned.
•High school diploma or equivalent required.
•One year activities experience preferred.
•Two years experience in a long-term care, hospital, or other related healthcare setting preferred.
•Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
•Must possess a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record. Must be insurable under professional liability and crime coverage policies as specified by insurance carrier underwriting standards.
How to Apply
Go to www.ohioliving.org/careers and search for positions in Monroe to find out openings.