Text "JOBS" to (513) 657-2840 to chat with a recruiting assistant today!
Hillandale Communities is seeking a full-time Activity Aide to assist with the recreational and social activities of our residents at our facility in Fairfield TWP and West Chester. Prior experience working in a long term care facility is preferred. Must have the availability to work evenings and weekends.
Responsibilities of our Activities Assistant position include but are not limited to:
- Carrying out planned activities programs as provided by Activity Director
- Ensuring safe and enjoyable programs by explaining techniques and demonstrating activities for participants
- Participating in activity planning process, making suggestions for new programs, updating activity calendars, and distributing schedules to residents
- Assisting with planning special events (birthdays, anniversaries, recognitions)
- Observing and recording information about participation, assessment and progress of residents during activities
- Encouraging resident participation and involvement in activities and providing alternative activities and follow-up for residents not able to attend programs
- Helping residents with social activities, such as personal correspondence
- Ordering needed supplies, tracking inventory and preparing materials and supplies needed for daily programs
Hillandale offers an impressive collection of benefits!
Employee Referral bonus pay
Full-Time (30+ hours/week) Employees may be eligible for:
Paid Time Off Accrual – from date of hire
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Vision Discount Plan
Life Insurance – paid for by company
Short-Term Disability Insurance
401(k) Company Match
Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made everyday – including cell phone service!
Enjoy a rewarding career with a family owned company that values caring for its residents like family and has received numerous awards including Best of 2016 in healthcare and retirement communities and has a consistent 5-star rating in state surveys and customer satisfaction.
Candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment background check, physical examination, drug screen and TB testing.
Hillandale Communities is an EOE/M/F/D/V and Drug-Free and Smoke-Free Workplace.
We are seeking applicants with:
High school diploma or GED
Prior related experience working with seniors is a plus
Solid work history with excellent attendance and punctuality
Ability to respect all members of the healthcare team
A positive attitude, energy and passion for working with the elderly
Patience, understanding and compassion for those requiring our care
Flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays
How to Apply