Text "JOBS" to (513) 657-2840 to chat with a recruiting assistant today!
Birchwood Care Center, a senior care facility with Hillandale Communities, is seeking a part-time Activities Aide to assist with the recreational and social activities of our residents at our facility in Fairfield TWP. Prior experience working in a long term care facility is preferred. Must have the availability to work evenings and weekends.
Responsibilities of our Activities Assistant position include but are not limited to:
- Carrying out planned activities programs as provided by Activity Director
- Ensuring safe and enjoyable programs by explaining techniques and demonstrating activities for participants
- Participating in activity planning process, making suggestions for new programs, updating activity calendars, and distributing schedules to residents
- Assisting with planning special events (birthdays, anniversaries, recognitions)
- Observing and recording information about participation, assessment and progress of residents during activities
- Encouraging resident participation and involvement in activities and providing alternative activities and follow-up for residents not able to attend programs
- Helping residents with social activities, such as personal correspondence
- Ordering needed supplies, tracking inventory and preparing materials and supplies needed for daily programs
We are seeking applicants with:
- High school diploma or GED
- Prior related experience working with seniors is a plus
- Solid work history with excellent attendance and punctuality
- Ability to respect all members of the healthcare team
- A positive attitude, energy and passion for working with the elderly
- Patience, understanding and compassion for those requiring our care
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Hillandale offers an impressive collection of benefits!
Employee Referral bonus pay
Full-Time (30+ hours/week) Employees may be eligible for:
Paid Time Off Accrual – from date of hire
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Vision Discount Plan
Life Insurance – paid for by company
Short-Term Disability Insurance
401(k) Company Match
Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made everyday – including cell phone service!
Enjoy a rewarding career with a family owned company that values caring for its residents like family and has received numerous awards including Best of 2016 in healthcare and retirement communities and has a consistent 5-star rating in state surveys and customer satisfaction.
Candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment background check, physical examination, drug screen and TB testing.
Hillandale Communities is an EOE/M/F/D/V and Drug-Free and Smoke-Free Workplace.
High school diploma or GED
How to Apply