Vancrest of Eaton
Activity Director - Assisted Living
Vancrest of Eaton is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Activity Director for Assisted Living.
Position Opportunities Include:
- Full Time
Purpose of this position:
The purpose of this position is to develop and implement an activity program in compliance with requirements, meet residents’ needs for activity and to create an environment that is fun, lively and entertaining.
- Plan, schedule and implement an enjoyable program of individual and group activities based on residents’ needs, abilities and interests.
- Assess and complete the sections of the Minimum Data Set (MDS) assigned completely, timely and accurately as directed
- Use the resident assessment protocols (RAPs) to determine whether to proceed to care planning for concerns related to a resident’s activity program needs as directed
- Gather data and document required ancillary assessments including but not limited to resident assessment protocol summary documentation as directed.
- Identify and document in the resident’s care plan, the activity interests, needs, and concerns of the resident. Care plans are reviewed and updated as necessary but at least quarterly.
- Document all interaction with resident and/or family in the assessment, care plan and progress notes as required by federal and state requirements.
- Participate as an active member of the interdisciplinary team and attend all resident care conferences.
- Plan and implement Reality Orientation programs when appropriate.
- Participate in nursing restorative and rehabilitative programs.
- Plan and conduct Residents’ Council meetings.
- Plan and implement evening and weekend functions as necessary to meet resident needs and regulatory requirements.
- Take part in in-service education programs and attend all in-service session relating to Activity Program.
- Recruit, schedule and effectively supervise assistants and volunteers.
- Organize and schedule community events related to residents’ interests.
- Plan, schedule and implement room visits and in-room activities for residents unable to leave their rooms.
- Plan, schedule and implement indoor and outdoor activity programs.
- Plan and conduct activity programs to assist residents to return to the community.
- Maintain an activity attendance record for each resident.
- Assess needs and maintain an adequate supply of materials to implement activity programs.
- Observe infection control procedures related to the Activity Program, including identification of residents not appropriate to attend out-of-the-room activity programs for health reasons.
Licensure Requirements: Activity Director Certification