The Adjunct CDL Instructor is responsible for the delivery of quality education that adheres to the standards of the established curriculum. S/He will employ effective teaching practices for adult students in lab and/or classroom settings to support certificate programs operated by Butler Tech’s Adult Education Division.
• Class A Commercial Driver License;
• Minimum of three (3) years of licensed, verifiable experience in the last ten (10) years operating a Class A commercial motor vehicle over the road;
• Current US Department of Transportation medical certification;
• Possession of or willingness and ability to obtain a valid CDL instructor license for the State of Ohio (Training is available at a cost to the instructor candidate, for those who do not possess this credential);
• Possession of or willingness to secure an Ohio Department of Education Adult Education permit in the area of Industrial & Engineering Technologies (170000);
• Willingness to undergo controlled substance and alcohol testing as required under Part 392 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations;
• High school diploma or equivalency;
• Student-oriented teaching style with ability to adjust approach to suit individual adult learner needs;
• Willingness and demonstrated ability to work with students, teachers, and administrators as a team member;
• Proficiency in email and Microsoft Office programs;
• Effective and demonstrated problem solving, critical thinking, analytical, oral and written communication, presentation, and organizational skills;
• History of strong work record, including good job attendance; and
• Documented evidence of acceptable criminal record as required by Ohio law and Board policy.
How to Apply
Send resume to CDL Training Manager, Tim Reynolds at
Only qualified candidates whose employment interests align with the position will be contacted.