The Practical Nursing Instructor is responsible for the delivery of quality education that adheres to the standards of the established curriculum. S/He will employ effective teaching practices for adult students in classroom and/or clinical settings to support a 40-week certificate program operated by Butler Tech’s Adult Education Division.
- Ability to secure an Ohio Department of Education Adult Education permit in the area of AWE Health Occupations (070000);
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in nursing;
- Current Ohio licensure as a Registered Nurse;
- Graduate of an approved, accredited nursing school;
- Work experience as required for the program or course assigned;
- Minimum of two (2) years working as a registered nurse;
- Student-oriented teaching style with ability to adjust approach to suit individual adult learner needs;
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to work with students, teachers, and administrators as a team member;
- Proficiency in email and Microsoft Office programs;
- Effective and demonstrated problem solving, critical thinking, analytical, oral and written communication, presentation, and organizational skills;
- History of strong work record, including good job attendance; and
- Documented evidence of acceptable criminal record as required by Ohio law and Board policy.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $28.00 - $32.00 per hour
To express interest in this position, email your resume to Dr. Sarah Delong, Associate Director of Adult Education Health Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.