The State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) Adjunct Instructor is responsible for the delivery of quality education that adheres to the standards of the established curriculum. S/He will employ effective teaching practices for adult students in clinical and/or classroom settings to support a 2 and ½ week certificate program operated by Butler Tech’s Adult Education Division. The position reports directly to Butler Tech's Associate Director of Health Programs. The Instructor is responsible for arranging schedules for in-class training as well as the clinical experience portion of the training. The Instructor will also act as the liaison and primary contact between the school and the clinical sites.
Day and evening positions are available.
NOTE: Long-term care experience will be verified by Ohio Board of Nursing. Please read requirements carefully.
- Willingness and bbility to secure an Ohio Department ofEducation Adult Education permit in the area of AWE Health Occupations(070000);
- Current Ohio licensure as registered nurse or a licensed practical nurse
- Registered nurses must have a minimum of 2 years/3,200 hours of experience in caring for the elderly or chronically ill of any age. This experience may be obtained through employment in a long-term care facility, geriatrics department, home health agency, hospital providing care to chronically ill individuals, or other long-term care setting.
- Licensed practical nurses must have aminimum of 2 years/3,200 hours of experience in caring for the elderly or chronically ill of any age obtained through employment in a long-term care facility;
- Train-the-Trainer certification held or willingness to obtain such certification;
- Graduate of an approved, accredited nursing school;
- Previous STNA instructor experience preferred;
- Student-oriented teaching style with ability to adjust approach to suit individual adult learner needs;
- Willingness and demonstrated ability towork with students, teachers, and administrators as a team member;
- Proficiency in email and Microsoft Office programs;
- Effective and demonstrated problem solving, critical thinking, analytical, oral and written communication, presentation, and organizational skills;
- History of strong work record,including good job attendance;
- Dependable transportation and willing to travel to local clinical sites; and
- Documented evidence of acceptable criminal record as required by Ohio law and Board policy.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $25.00 - $29.00 per hour
To express interest in this position, email your resume to Dr. Sarah Delong, Associate Director of Adult Education Health Programs, at email@example.com.