The Adjunct Welding Instructor is responsible for the delivery of quality education that adheres to the standards of the established curriculum. S/He will employ effective teaching practices for adult students in lab and/or classroom settings to support certificate programs operated by Butler Tech’s Adult Education Division.
• Ability to secure an Ohio Department of Education Adult Education permit in the area of AWE Industrial & Engineering Technologies (170000);
• Associate’s degree OR a minimum of five (5) years of verifiable welding industry experience;
• Strong knowledge and experience in SMAW, MIG, TIG, FCAW, OFC, PAC, ASAC, shop safety, and welding theory;
• Current and valid AWS Q5-91 Standard for Certification of Welding Educators Sections 2 and 5 certifications or the equivalent;
• Student-oriented teaching style with ability to adjust approach to suit individual adult learner needs;
• Willingness and demonstrated ability to work with students, teachers, and administrators as a team member;
• Proficiency in email and Microsoft Office programs;
• Effective and demonstrated problem solving, critical thinking, analytical, oral and written communication, presentation, and organizational skills;
• History of strong work record, including good job attendance; and
• Documented evidence of acceptable criminal record as required by Ohio law and Board policy.
How to Apply
Send resume to Associate Director of Business & Industry Programs, Dennis Beam at email@example.com.
Only qualified candidates whose employment interests align with the position will be contacted.