The City of Springdale Building Department is accepting applications for the position of Administrative Assistant.
• Be at least 18 years of age, a U.S. citizen, and have earned a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
• At least one (1) year of experience in a customer service position and at least three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in an administrative support position
• Post high school education in word processing, spreadsheet, and database software
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to handle phone calls and to coordinate information
• Ability to take shorthand notes and transcribe from voice recordings
• Ability to understand construction and engineering technically terminology to understand permit requirements and variances
• Ability to learn about Building Department operations and personnel in order to answer questions, provide information, and to properly route visitors and callers
• Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications for generation of reports, budgets, and other documents
How to Apply
Application packets shall be downloaded at https://www.springdale.org/publicfiles/2020%20Employment%20Application.pdf and submitted by Tuesday, September 15 via email at
email@example.com OR in person at the Springdale Municipal Building (11700 Springfield Pike) on weekdays between the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.