As the face of Holy Trinity Episcopal Church to parishioners and the general public, the Administrative Assistant serves as a warm and welcoming presence, eager to be of help. The Administrative Assistant works in collaboration with the Rector, parish staff, lay leaders, and parishioners to maintain and organize all parish records, schedule meetings and events, and plan and produce parish publications and communications so as to promote the growth and unity of the congregation. Facility with computers is required. The Administrative Assistant will not be a member of the parish. This is a part-time position, 19 hours per week, in the parish office, reporting to the Rector, with some flexibility in scheduling.
• Associate’s degree minimum; bachelor’s degree preferred; or equivalent experience.
• Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite and Google calendaring.
• Experience in writing and editing, creating and producing publications, and public relations planning and development.
Skills and Characteristics
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with others in the church and in outside organizations.
• Ability to write clear, easy-to-read publications, and edit the writing of others.
• Ability to analyze and synthesize information, managing and carrying out multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
• Capacity to exercise discretion on matters of congregational or pastoral sensitivity.
• Eagerness to learn about Episcopal liturgy and traditions; enthusiasm for congregational growth strategies.
• Sense of initiative to identify and avoid problems, anticipate and address needs, and suggest new and better operational strategies.
• Flexibility, ability, and eagerness to acquire new skills, and a sense of humor amid changing situations and priorities.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a letter of interest with resumé and three references to:
Karen Schilling, Search Committee Chair
Holy Trinity Episcopal Church
25 E. Walnut Street
Oxford, Ohio 45056