Summary: Provides general secretarial and administrative support services to the Supervisor as assigned.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Performs confidential secretarial and administrative duties for Supervisor as assigned. These duties may include, but are not necessarily limited to: taking dictation, typing or word processing, filing, drafting or proofreading correspondence, agendas and other documents. Ensures that the Supervisor’s Office functions and procedures are performed in the most efficient, organized and timely manner.
- Participates in updating website content, digital billboard, and social media sites in a timely manner as directed.
- Drafts correspondence, memos, and other documents as assigned by the Supervisor. Composes and proofs (edits) print media and promotional materials.
- Takes notes and/or minutes at staff or other meetings as assigned.
- Organizes and coordinates Supervisor’s schedule of appointments and activities.
- Assists with public programs and/or special events as assigned. Supervises staff and/or volunteers as assigned.
- Answers and routes or redirects phone calls.
- Notarizes documents related to organizational functions pursuant to state law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to work unsupervised, to organize and coordinate, to prioritize and self-initiate, and to manage administrative tasks.
Working knowledge of or experience with personal computer hardware and software including but not limited to email, word processing, data management and spreadsheets, and graphic design software operations and other common office equipment. Keyboarding skills of at least 30 wpm; ability to take competent dictation.
Excellent written and oral communication skills, including competent knowledge of proper grammar, punctuation and spelling.
Ability to effectively and appropriately deal with confidential information.
Must be able to communicate and deal tactfully and in a timely and effective manner with superiors, subordinates, co-workers, and the general public in-person or via email, phone, or written document.
Ability to maintain confidentially on sensitive issues and non-public records.
Ability to maintain a professional, cooperative working relationship with other staff members, volunteers and the staff of other agencies.
Required Education and Experience:
A high school diploma or equivalent training supplemented with two (2) years college level courses in business administration or management. Alternatively, a high school diploma or equivalent training supplemented with at least four (4) years of administrative support work experience.
A valid driver’s license with an acceptable motor vehicle record allowing insurability by the park district’s current vehicle insurance carrier under existing coverage provisions at the time of employment and thereafter. Candidates may not have more than 4 total points (or equivalent penalty) issued by a recognized licensing authority for driving-related violations on their driving record at the time of employment.
Current and continuing status as an Ohio Notary Public or qualification as a Notary before the end of the probationary period and continuing thereafter.
Good moral character with no history of serious criminal activity (felony convictions).
Work Environment & Schedule:
Employment in this position is part time and may require availability for occasional evening and weekend work as scheduled in advance.
While performing the duties of this job, the Administrative Assistant is regularly required to stay in a stationary position, to traverse, and to converse effectively. This employee may occasionally move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodation will be made for known physical limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities.
General good health and ability to perform physical labor and having the ability to effectively, efficiently, and safely complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
The position functions and responsibilities are illustrative only and do not represent all the duties or tasks to be assigned or performed by an employee with this position title.
Alternates to the above qualifications may be acceptable as approved by the Executive Director.
How to Apply
The required application can be found at: https://www.yourmetroparks.net/about/careers. Application must be received by 4:00 pm on January 2, 2020.