The Department of Housing and Auxilary Trades at the UNIVERSITY of CINCINNATI is accepting applications for an Air Quality Technician 2 (HVAC) who will, under general supervision from higher-level supervisor, perform master HVAC work; supervise variously skilled Air Quality workers in HVAC work.
Perform pipefitting and install, repair, adjust or modify all types of refrigeration, air conditioning, heating and ventilation equipment; replace or repair all supporting systems such as electrostatic filters, pneumatic and electric controls (including calibration of controls), utility meters, pumps and fan motors. Perform pipefitting and install and repair steam line, expansion joints, traps, regulators, bearings and valves.
- Plan, implement and perform preventive maintenance on equipment. Inspect installed equipment for proper assembly of components and compliance with technical orders, blueprints, specifications, handbooks and established procedures. Insure safe operational standards.
- Read and interpret sketches, blueprints and layouts, determine amount of material and time involved; make cost estimates; compile reports, requisitions, work orders, inventory lists and project reports/records.
- May be required to serve as a lead worker and/or supervise, instruct and train semi-skilled and skilled Air Quality workers and trades people; assist supervisor in allocating work assignments; reviewing and evaluating work performance in training new personnel; coordinate work with other trades.
- Maintain housekeeping conditions as prescribed by area.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need.
Excellent medical benefits w/free dental and life insurance coverage. Tuition remission for employees and their dependents.
Minimum Requirements: Must have approved certificate from an accredited related apprenticeship program, or high school diploma and two years directly related work experience. Must have an EPA refrigeration certificate. Requires a valid driver's license with an acceptable record.
How to Apply
To apply directly: http://bit.ly/2Slgsfq
-OR- log in to jobs.uc.edu and search for Requisition # 35830