Organizes and performs advanced service, repairs, troubleshooting and overhauls to Anhydrous Ammonia Refrigeration System(s) in a manner that complies with federal, state, local, IIAR and RETA codes and standards, as well as, company rules, PSM/RMP policies, safe work practices and RAGAGEP’s.
Fulfilling all duties as necessary, described within the Refrigeration Operator job description, and abiding by all the requirements therein.
- Checking ammonia valves located on the roof of the manufacturing plant, outside condenser and exhaust fans.
- Executing complex repairs and major overhauls to system components, and associated equipment, utilizing original equipment manufacturers recommendations and specifications and/or other recognized and generally accepted good engineering practices.
- Understanding complex electrical schematics, PLC control functions, and Electrical Distribution systems and the ability to troubleshoot root causes and determine proper repairs.
- Performing charging, evacuation, and pressure testing of system vessels and components during projects and Line Breaking procedures in accordance with established policies and industry standards.
- Performing installations and replacements of refrigeration system components and associated equipment, within the guidelines set forth by the management of change procedure.
- Analyzing system data and trending values to determine the need for increased maintenance frequencies or improved maintenance procedures and safe work practices.
- Assisting department management in the supervision and documentation of Contractor activity and performance on or around the process equipment.
- Planning resolutions to system deficiencies as noted in the various PSM audit tracking logs and maintaining all required information and documentation to support the activity.
- Providing mechanical and technical guidance and expertise to Operation Level Refrigeration Operators to continually improve the education, experience and skill set within the department.
- Participating as a member of the Emergency Response Team and responding to events including chemical releases and spills.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
EXPERIENCE: Two years of verifiable Ammonia Refrigeration experience.
CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE: RETA based Industrial Ammonia Operator Level II training program. RETA Certified Industrial Refrigeration Operator (CIRO) program. Hazmat Technician Level and maintaining the Annual 8-hour refresher training.
FIT-FOR-DUTY MEDICAL APPROVAL: Medical evaluation, physical examination and pulmonary testing for Hazmat purposes. Required for pre-employment and annually thereafter. Periodic testing may be needed when business necessitates (i.e. after exposure to hazardous material, serious health changes).
Possesses the skills needed to repair, maintain and troubleshoot machinery.
•Able to use critical thinking to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems.
•Knows machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
•Able to wear an Air Purifying Respirator and a Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus.
•Able to respond to emergency situations and fill various roles on emergency response team.
•Able to work at heights and in dangerous places where balance is poor, specifically on a roof.
How to Apply
Apply at: www.sugarcreek.com/careers