We are currently looking for an Application Engineer to join our team at Weas Engineering (an Apex Water and Process Inc. company) and be responsible for a variety of job duties in the Cincinnati, OH, area! This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position offering a complete benefits package, including competitive PTO, 401K with a company match, health, dental, vision, and life insurance. Apply today and take the first step in working for a company where your contributions and career development truly matter!
ABOUT APEX WATER AND PROCESS INC.
Apex Water and Process Inc. (www.TeamApex.com) is a comprehensive provider of water and process solutions, as well as fabrication and industrial controls, for industrial and agricultural markets with enterprise-level partnership and customer service. As a vertically-integrated parent company to six outstanding regional brands, Apex is uniquely positioned to meet all our clients’ fabrication, chemical, equipment, engineering and service needs efficiently and effectively. We are a fast-growing, dynamic company with a strong, supportive culture that offers many opportunities for career development and advancement, and we are always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals to join our team to help us continue to strive for excellence as we provide valuable, innovative solutions for our customers!
JOB SUMMARY: The Application Engineer will be responsible for a variety of different job duties, potentially serving in multiple roles for Weas Engineering as described in the job duties below.
- Project professional image of Weas Engineering through positive attitude, punctual and reliable attendance at all appointments
- Follow all legal safety regulations, as well as procedures set forth by both Weas Engineering and customer
- Interact with site personnel in various departments to support Weas products and services for boiler, cooling, reverse osmosis, process and drinking water systems at various customer locations in a number of industries
- Perform water testing and sample collection for boiler, cooling, and drinking water applications at customer locations, including hospital patient areas – typical testing equipment involved includes spectrophotometers and titration tests
- Assist with chemical feed and inventory management
- Troubleshoot water-related automated feed equipment
- Calibrate control equipment
- Input test results in data management systems and create service reports
- When new equipment opportunities arise, participate in creating quotes for customers, equipment commissioning, calibration, programming and troubleshooting and document visits in company data management systems
- Certificate or Associate’s degree in an engineering, science, or other technical field or equivalent experience
- Technical and mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated and recognized integrity, sound character, social skills, and leadership ability
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and willingness to learn company computer systems
- Willingness to sell and support Weas Engineering products and services
- Strong relevant qualitative and quantitative skills
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Compliance with all Company policies
- Ability to lift 50-lb. containers without assistance
- Ability to pass a respirator fit test and wear a respirator as needed for job tasks
- Willingness and ability to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Basic understanding of plumbing, including knowledge in the areas of pressure, flow, valves, piping, tubing, pumps, etc.
- Basic understanding of electrical wiring and troubleshooting
- Ability to work in healthcare facilities in front of customers and patients (this may require flu shots, TB testing, etc.)
- Willingness and ability to travel within and occasionally outside of territory (possibly occasional overnight travel, as well)
- Experience with industrial water treatment and chemical dosing equipment (preferred)
- Drinking water treatment operator certification or license(preferred)
An offer of employment at Weas Engineering is subject to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Weas Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.