The City of the Village of Indian Hill, Ohio is accepting applications for a Part-time Arboretum Seasonal Worker. The position assists the Rowe Arboretum Manager in beautifying and maintaining the landscape and garden areas of the Stanley M. Rowe Arboretum. The job responsibilities include – maintenance of trees and shrubs and other improvements and repairs to the grounds; assists in the care and maintenance of the Arboretum Center; assists in researching, installing and labeling new plant material; and, assists in managing volunteers, visitors and tour groups.
- Maintenance of trees and shrubs, young and mature, utilizing accepted cultural practices with regard to pruning, mulching, fertilizing, planting, weeding and debris removal. Assorted pruning tools and saws will be used. All brush will be sorted and moved to appropriate locations.
- Maintenance, improvements, and repairs of grounds such as the deer protection fencing, gravel pathways, and other drainage issues.
- Care and maintenance of the Arboretum Center and the equipment which includes cleaning floors, walls, windows, fixtures, and repairs.
- Assists in researching and selecting new plant material, installing plant identification tags, inventorying beds, documenting associated plant database information.
- Records and updates plant history records and the labeling of specimens.
- Assists in membership mailings and label making.
- Assists in preparing articles written for the Village bulletin and increasing publicity opportunities for the Arboretum.
- Proper care to the eastside Arboretum grounds to include honeysuckle removal and replanting with new specimens for the collections.
- Propagation of plant specimens for replacements, trading, and plant sales.
- Assists in managing volunteers, visitors and tour groups.
High School diploma or equivalent and valid Ohio driver's license is required. Must have the ability to perform manual labor tasks. Must have ability to obtain ODA pesticide commercial applicators license upon employment. Experience in formal garden care, propagation of plants and maintenance of mechanical equipment is preferred. Plant identification skills is helpful. Applicants must have a high degree of integrity, maturity, initiative and self-motivation. Applicants must possess willingness to be a team player and work collaboratively and be organized and detailed-oriented to effectively prioritize workloads. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to the position due to communicating with volunteers and visitors.
How to Apply
To apply and for a more comprehensive description of job functions and training required, please visit https://ihill.org/employment/. Applications must be completed and returned to: Jessica Chaney, Director of Administrative Services, City of the Village of Indian Hill, 6525 Drake Road, Cincinnati, OH 45243 or email@example.com.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a drug screening and background investigation. The City of the Village of Indian Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position open until filled.