The Assembler is responsible for assembling component parts to company specifications and customer expectations consistent with Bilstein’s quality and productivity standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a safe working environment by complying with all safety and environmental policies in the workplace. Advocates for and promotes a safe work environment by reporting Near Misses and/or other safety and environmental hazards, wearing all required PPE and encouraging others to do the same.
- Assembles component parts to company specifications and customer expectations in a manner consistent with the company’s quality and productivity standards. Requires a sufficient understanding of the functional operation of the items assembled as well as the finished product.
- Inspects all parts for proper assembly and cosmetic defects. Tags any non-conforming parts with re-work labels and places in re-work bin.
- Ensures all parts are assembled per specification.
- Maintains a clean workstation and cleans-up production areas as required.
- Sets up machines per work instructions.
- Learns all machines in work area.
- Demonstrate a willingness to move to other lines and cells to fill company needs.
- Follows all safety guidelines and wears all Personal Protective Equipment.
- Proactively addresses situations and takes into consideration the feelings, opinions and thoughts of others.
- Communicates test results, ideas and problems to production technicians and engineers.
- Identifies discrepant materials/components both in writing and verbally to supervisor.
- Completes tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules and within standard times.
- Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned by Line/Team Leads or any other member of the management team.
- Ensures compliance and safety of all activities within the organization standards and policies.
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Possesses a stable work history, preferably in a manufacturing environment, and a strong personal desire to work safely and maintain a safe working environment.
• Demonstrates a strong customer focus along with a great work ethic and willingness to do what needs to be done (without taking shortcuts.)
• Demonstrated knowledge of basic math, including working with decimals, and strong mechanical aptitude. Possesses a logical method of problem solving and willingness to learn and improve one’s skills. Demonstrates a strong commitment to meet and exceed customer requirements at all times.
• Position is required to be able to work required overtime that can be substantial during peak customer production periods.
• Possesses good hand-eye coordination and is able to perform detailed work with a strong attention to detail and quality.
• Uses time wisely and is accountable to self and the team.
• Position is required to be able to lift up to 40 pounds, perform repetitious duties and walk or stand for long periods of time on a daily basis.
• Ability to read and understand blue prints and work instructions.
• Demonstrated reliability, good initiative, committed, and quality focused.
• Highly organized with ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Exhibits integrity through fair and ethical behaviors in all activities; maintains accountability for performance.
• Strong attention to detail with well-developed organizational and communication skills.
• Proven experience developing work processes to improve outcomes for the team/customers.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. and be able to read, write, and speak in English.
How to Apply