1. Operates standard institutional cooking and food preparation equipment in the preparation of food for serving.
2. Assists in the preparation of hot and cold menu by following standard recipes, production specifications and scheduled serving times.
3. Maintains records of work performed, time expended, food temperatures and ingredients used etc.; performs basic mathematical calculations and records information as needed.
4. Maintains clean and sanitary work and dining areas. Observes strict safety rules.
5. Maintains all food items at proper temperatures as instructed; takes and properly stores food samples. Follows proper procedures in storing and preserving left-over food items.
6. Maintains surfaces, utensils, and equipment in a clean and serviceable condition.
7. Responds to client requests for service, special diets, as well as other information in a friendly and helpful manner.
8. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Constant standing. Frequent stooping, pushing, pulling, walking and simple grasping. Occasional bending, squatting, twisting, and use of motor skills that require firm grasping, and fine manipulation. Minimal sitting and climbing. Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds. Minimal lifting of and carrying/transporting materials weighing up to 35 pounds. Minimal overhead lifting up to 25 pounds.
Somewhat disagreeable working conditions due to exposure to either high or low temperatures. Some element of personal risk due to hot surfaces, wet surfaces and cutting equipment
· High School diploma or GED.
· Six months experience in food service operations or comparable training experience.
How to Apply