The City of Blue Ash Recreation Center is looking to fill a part-time Assistant Ice Rink Manager position. The primary role will be as the Assistant Ice Rink Manager during winter season and serves as Special Events Assistant during summer season, as well as other appropriate duties as assigned by or through the Special Events Manager.
The City of Blue Ash Ice Rink is located at Summit Park underneath the beautiful canopy from November through February. The Blue Ash Parks & Recreation Department hosts many Special Events throughout the City year-round.
This position is part-time permanent and will enjoy contributions into the Ohio Public Employee Retirement System; free individual membership to the Blue Ash Recreation Center with eligibility and discount for family members; and discounts at the Blue Ash Golf Course, Sandtrap Grill and Blue Ash Café.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Assists with scheduling, evaluating and monitoring part-time ice rink staff;
- Serves as customer service representative during special events and for the facilities associated with events;
- Monitors activity of visitors, patrons and their guests;
- Enforces parks and recreation event and facility rules and policies;
- Assists with coordination of overall ice rink operation;
- Assists with creating, scheduling and supervising ice rink programs and other programs outside of the ice rink;
- Maintains and monitors ice rink usage;
- Maintains safety and cleanliness of all parks and recreation facilities;
- Maintains city equipment including, but not limited to, ice rink equipment;
- Maintains administrative paperwork as assigned.
Good knowledge of ice rink facilities and programs; flexible work schedule; tact and courtesy with the public; good physical condition; ability to supervise subordinate employees in an appropriate manner.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Experience in ice rink programming and facility management; high school graduation or G.E.D. equivalent, preferably supplemented by college course work in a related field; experience in dealing with the public; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. At least two-years experience supervising an ice rink facility. Preferably four-years total relevant work experience.
Must possess first aid certification and CPR/FPR certification within 30-days of employment. May be required to possess a valid motor vehicle operator's license issued by the State of Ohio.
How to Apply
Apply prior to the closing time of the job announcement and allow at least an hour to submit your application if you are a new user on the system. APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED ON-LINE ONLY at www.BlueAsh.com.
If you do not have access to a computer, there are computer stations available at most Public Libraries. The Blue Ash Branch Public Library of Cincinnati is located at 4911 Cooper Road, Blue Ash, Ohio 45242.
Our on-line application system is provided by NeoGov. If you have problems while applying on-line, please contact the Help Desk between 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM Pacific Time Monday - Friday at 1-855-524-5627. You may also call the City of Blue Ash Human Resources Office at (513) 745-8642 for information.
NOTE: INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED EVEN IF A RESUME HAS BEEN ATTACHED.
The City of Blue Ash is an EEO/ADA Employer.