Job ID: 5636 - FT - Classified AFSCME (hourly)
Assists in overseeing repair or construction of university facilities or property which require specialized training in a skilled trade. Directly supervises at least nine (9) classified staff. Position supervises, manages, plans and organizes plumbing maintenance trade technicians for a university campus consisting of approximately two hundred buildings. Work consists of maintenance, installation, operation and repair of a wide variety of mechanical and plumbing systems/equipment.
• Supervises nine (9) or more skilled trade personnel in shop; assists in enforcing policies and procedures; establishes schedules and assigns tasks; monitors and evaluates performance; makes recommendations regarding training, discipline and pride awards.
• Assists with overseeing shop operations; sets priorities and schedules projects; prepares cost estimates.
• Reviews completed work of employees and contractors; ensures that any needed changes or corrections are made.
• Researches and evaluates new materials and equipment; makes recommendations regarding purchase.
• Maintains inventory of parts and supplies; reorders as necessary; maintains department records and work orders including labor and material costs.
• May assist in maintenance and repair work as needed. • Covers additional trade areas in other’s absence.
• Screens applicants and collaborates in hiring recommendations.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.
Requires 18 months training beyond high school in a skilled trade and four years of experience in plumbing trade, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Driver's license required.
How to Apply