Job ID: 4677 - SATSS - FT (Hourly)
Position supervises, manages, plans, and organizes second-shift maintenance trade technicians for a university campus consisting of approximately 200 buildings. Work consists of maintenance, installation, operation and repair of a wide variety of mechanical and electrical systems and equipment; and, provides oversight of Facilities Operation Center second-shift staff, in a manner that results in the greatest efficiency and effectiveness. Position also oversees and coordinates work of outside contractors as needed. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Leadership-Management-Relationship with Superiors - provides guidance, support, prioritization and oversight for technicians; enforces existing programs, policies, processes and procedures that result in high levels of performance and effectiveness; keep superior informed; be responsive to directives from superiors; support the unit, departmental, and institutional goals
2. Daily Management - supervises preventative maintenance program, routine maintenance, repair, installation, operation and diagnostic activities for second-shift maintenance trades staff, including establishment of work priority; manage work in progress and inspect work to ensure quality control; coordinates response to emergency situations; provides oversight, support, and coordination of second-shift Facilities Operation Center positions
3. Technical Support and Guidance - provides service technicians with technical support and guidance relative to various mechanical and electrical systems and equipment
4. Contractor Oversight – provides coordination and oversight of contractors scheduled to perform work on second-shift or in emergency response situations
5. Emergency Response/Coordination – ensures timely, efficient, and effective response to emergency service requests; determines urgency of request and mode of response by balancing technical, operational, and political needs; contacts additional technicians and/or contractors to adequately staff necessary after-hours repairs; contacts senior management in accordance with established procedure
6. Maintenance Function – ensures programs, operational practices, and policies for an established preventive and predictive maintenance program are performed in an effective and efficient manner; coordinates efforts with other organizational units
7. Record Keeping Function – develops work practices that result in accurate and timely tracking of work requests, PM efforts, labor and material costs
8. Personnel Function – enforces work rules; holds subordinates accountable for effectiveness and efficiency; screens job applicants; makes hiring recommendations; participates in administration of discipline
9. Physical Requirements – Work may include performing tasks which require walking, bending, stooping, and climbing (such as ladders) on a daily on-going basis; and periodically requires lifting and carrying objects up to 25 pounds; work environment may include hot and/or cold extremes.
- OEEO Statement: The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.
Requires 18 months training beyond high school in a skilled trade and four years of experience in that trade, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Driver's license required.
How to Apply