The Resident Assistant provides residents and patients with routine personal care, recreational programming, housekeeping, and meal service in accordance with company standards and federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations and as directed by the Charge Nurse.
Essential Activities and TasksCare and Customer Management
- Carries out daily plan of care including all aspects of basic daily living and personal care needs.
- Executes daily activities for residents as scheduled.
- Serves and assists residents with meals.
- Provides medication reminders to residents as permitted under Ohio law.
- Knows location of assigned residents within the community at all times.
- Listens and responds to the needs of residents and staff members.
- Monitors residents' general medical condition and reports changes to Charge Nurses.
Administration and Reporting
- Maintains current and accurate records through use of computers and/or other documentation in accordance with company standards and federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations.
- Informs Charge Nurse of supply and equipment needs.
- Willingly and consistently shares opinions and observations of departmental operations with Charge Nurse.
- Attends all-employee and departmental meetings and in-service training as scheduled or as directed.
- Completes routine light housekeeping and laundry tasks for the unit, such as emptying wastebaskets, cleaning tables after meals, etc. and reports any hazardous conditions to the Charge Nurse.
- Follows established infection control and standard precaution policies, fire and safety policies, and practices good body mechanics.
All other duties as assigned.
•High school diploma or equivalent required.
•Experience in a long-term care or other related healthcare setting preferred.
•Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
How to Apply
Go www.ohioliving.org/careers and search for positions in Monroe.