REPORTS TO: Welding Process Supervisor
FLSA CLASS: Non-Exempt
DATE CREATED: 2.2020
Moving between production assignments this position is responsible for MIG welding various metals for production.
- Receives instructions, prints, and work orders for the job. Fabricates equipment by cutting, burning, and welding various metals using MIG welding processes
- Reading and comprehending blueprint and welding process specifications when needed
- Fit up complicated but standard structures and weldments involving a considerable number of parts and details, using the clamp and tack method or welding jigs, fixtures and turning rigs
- Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded
- Sets up, assembles, and tacks weld parts.
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
• Education – HS Diploma or equivalent GED preferred
• Work experience
• MIG welding experience preferred
• Experience using measuring tools including tape measures and calipers
• Job specific attributes/skills
• Ability to read and interpret routers, blueprints, drawings, and machine sketches
• Preferred qualifications
• Technical School training in welding
• Completion of formal apprenticeship program
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stoop, bend, and work overhead on structures and on ladders. The employee will be regularly exposed to moderate burns and exposed to flying objects, such as chips, sparks, welding spatter, and scale. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must be able to safely lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Individual must be able to pass respiratory physical exam and fit test. Individual will be required to wear a 1/2 mask respirator or powered air purifying respirator system (PAP).
Travel is not required.
Stock Manufacturing and Design will be recognized as the undeniable leader in the metal fabricating services, we provide to the markets we serve. We will build trusted, positive and long-term partnerships. Partnerships which include a first-class work environment for our personnel with the highest level of integrity.
How to Apply
We encourage you to apply on our career page:
You can also apply by:
Sending a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at (513) 353-3600
Applications are also accepted at:
10040 Cilley Road
Cleves, OH 45002
9911 Crescent Park Drive
West Chester, OH 45069