Make repairs to metal, plastic, and fiberglass parts of automobiles. Assess and document damages and provide estimates for repairs, which should include cost, expected completion time, and any other pertinent information. Provide assistance on other vehicle repairs as needed.
- Use various tools such as cutting guns, plasma cutters, hydraulic jacks, hammers and pliers to repair sections of a vehicle.
- Hammer out dents, dimples and other minor body damage if possible; mix and apply filler resins to repair dents when other methods are not feasible.
- Remove damaged sections of vehicles and replaces with new or aftermarket parts.
- Replace or repair glass and windshields as needed.
- Replace or repair interior parts as needed.
- Weld, attach or fit parts into place to complete repairs.
- Prepare and repaint vehicle with factory-specified paint or agreed-upon equivalent.
- Attempt to complete work orders within labor time guidelines.
- Ensure all work has been executed correctly by inspecting vehicles after repair.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow Sugar Creek Packing Co. safety rules and procedures.
Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) required; technical school certification in auto repair preferred.
EXPERIENCE: None required; 3-year apprenticeship as an auto body repairer preferred.
CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: None.
• Able to read job orders and work efficiently and diligently with little supervision.
• Able to work in a team environment with other auto body repairers.
• Know how to visually inspect and assess vehicle damage in a variety of weather conditions
• Possess a thorough understanding of proper methods and procedures to repair vehicle body.
• Possess a thorough understanding of proper technique for using various shop and hand tools required for making repairs
How to Apply
Apply at: https://usr56.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/sugarcreek/Posting/View/1220