Make, design, install and repair upholstery for company-owned cars, motorcycles, boats, and furniture. Repair and maintain the interiors of classic and historical automobiles. Fit, install and secure material on different types of frames using hand tools, power tools, glue, cement and staples.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review work orders and select appropriate materials for each job.
- Study design specifications and draw cutting lines on material following patterns, templates, sketches or blueprints, using chalk, pencils, paint or other methods.
- Interpret design orders and create upholstery stencils.
- Dismantle furniture for upholstery work preparation.
- Measure and cut leather or fabric with the aid of design stencils.
- Use different materials like foam padding or cotton to create and shape different types of furniture or auto interior, smoothing out wrinkles and imperfections.
- Install and repair furniture webbing and seating springs.
- Attach fasteners, grommets, buttons, buckles, ornamental trim and other accessories to cover frames.
- Stretch out and install fabric or leather coverings, using stitching, glue or nails to secure fabric into place.
- Conduct quality checks on completed work to ensure it meets the desired specifications.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends, specifically regarding any new materials or methods used in the repair work.
- Comply with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow SugarCreek safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required, or equivalent experience.
Experience: 3 - 5 years of experience in upholstery role required.
Certification Requirements: None required.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Possess ability to visualize design ideas.
Know how to draw and interpret design templates.
Possess strong knowledge of upholstery machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
Able to use upholstery tools such as hot knives, nail guns, and sewing equipment.
Possess excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Know how to strictly follow any and all safety procedures and policies in place.
Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Possess strong self-motivation and exemplary work ethic.
Able to safely and proficiently use shop tools (both hand and power).
Possess adequate hand dexterity to manipulate or move objects.
Able to work well with others in a team environment.
No unusual physical requirements. Physical requirements are consistent with typical upholstery positions, including mostly standing with some sitting/walking required. Other physical activity like using stairs or moving items weighing less than 30lbs is required.
Some travel to other locations is required.
Most work is performed in an auto repair shop with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery. Safety wear is required, including gloves, safety glasses, face shields, ear plugs. Some work is performed in a comfortable, office environment. Very little work is performed outside of the manufacturing facility.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We participate in E-verify. Participamos en E-verify.
Right to Work. Derecho al Trabajo.
How to Apply
Apply at: www.sugarcreek.com/careers