Build, repair and perform maintenance on different items made of wood or containing wooden components, including, but not limited to, boats, desks, tables, chairs, and other types of furniture.
Manufacture, refurbish, repair, and restore wooden items using a variety of woodworking tools, including table saws, miter saws, jig saws, band saws, scroll saws, drill presses, carving tools, staining and polyurethaning equipment, hammers, drills, routers, wood steaming equipment, jointers, planers and any other tools used in woodworking.
• Review drawings, schematics, shop drawings and blueprints to ensure woodwork is completed to project specifications and meets industry standards.
• Use hand tools to perform more detailed woodwork.
• Sand, stain and apply sealer or topcoats (lacquer, varnish) as required for each project.
• Prepare and set up machines and tooling for woodwork manufacturing at beginning of shift.
• Break down and clean machines, tooling and work area at end of shift.
• Inspect woodworking machinery and tools regularly, performing periodic maintenance to ensure safe and proper operation of the equipment.
• Work with the automotive team on projects involving cars with wood.
• Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
• Follow SugarCreek safety rules and procedures.
• Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent (GED), or equivalent experience.
Experience: 3 - 5+ years of experience in woodworking role required.
Certification Requirements: None required.
Possess strong knowledge of woodworking machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
• Possess excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Know how to strictly follow any and all safety procedures and policies in place.
• Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Possess strong self-motivation and exemplary work ethic.
• Able to safely and proficiently use shop tools (both hand and power).
• Possess adequate hand dexterity to manipulate or move objects.
• Able to work well with others in a team environment.
How to Apply
Apply at: www.sugarcreek.com/careers