If you’re looking for a job opportunity that will allow you to put your fabrication talents to use, we may have the perfect place for you. Our organization is seeking a skilled fabricator with a highly-trained eye for quality and detail to join our Bench department on 1st shift. In this position you’ll use your problem-solving skills to manually manipulate metal to meet specifications. You will learn new methods for fabrication as well as teach us a thing or two. Additionally, you’ll be able to help support our company’s vision of delivering products of the highest quality to our customers while receiving competitive benefits and a retention plan with increases. Work is in a climate-controlled manufacturing facility with a friendly environment and a small company feel.
If this is not an accurate description of who you are, please do not apply—this position is not a good fit.
The ideal candidate for this position would be able to do the following and possess the following
- Perform mechanical work that typically requires fitting, alignment, light machining, and adjustment of aerospace components to very close tolerances.
- Stretch, bend, straighten, shape, pound, or press metal to specification using various tools and machines such as hammer, lathes, mills, surface grinders, etc.
- May perform some trouble-shooting and rework of production items.
- Must be able to work from complex and detailed blueprints and/or verbal and written instructions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task
- Good work ethic
- Willing to learn
- Good attendance
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Prior experience in Manufacturing
- Light machining and tools skills
- Able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and stand for long periods of time on a daily basis
- Able to bend, twist, turn, carry, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, etc
- Able to successfully pass vision screens
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
- Perform repetitious duties, such as hammering a part to specification.
- 1st Shift: Monday - Thursday 6:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Overtime possible daily and Fridays
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. Ferco Aerospace will require proof of status prior to employment.
We offer competitive benefits, 401K matching, paid time-off, and paid holidays.