The Bilingual Case Clerk works hand in hand with the Legal Assistants, Paralegals, Law Clerks and Attorneys of the Law Offices of Valencia and Diaz, Ltd. The Bilingual Case Clerk attends to the needs of all staff members to ensure that the flow of daily procedures is smooth and stable. The overarching goal of the Bilingual Case Clerk is to ensure dynamic office functioning.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Phone Operation and Message Taking
Answers all incoming calls and directs them to the appropriate party. When answering calls or when clients come into the office, takes detailed, informative messages, and passes them to the appropriate personnel, and annotates them within appropriate software. Updates and maintains internal call log.
Enters, maintains, and updates data in various legal case-related logs and software, including details regarding initial case creation, invoicing, case status, third party transactions, etc.
Clerical Assistance and Team Player Role
Provides general clerical assistance to attorneys, paralegals and legal assistants. Dutifully participates when needed and assigned to special department projects.
Completes many general office tasks, including copying, hole punching, labeling, putting documents in order, reviewing documents for completion, shipping, and faxing various documents at the request of lawyers, paralegals, and legal assistants. Scanning and closing files after completion of work.
Runner and Filing
Driving to various courts to file case documents. Drive to various law enforcement offices to pick up documents required for cases we are working on.
Learning how to complete immigration forms and basic motions.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to…
- Work independently;
- Collaborate with legal assistants, paralegals and attorneys;
- Operate multi-line telephone systems and office equipment such as computers, printers, scanners, copiers and digital cameras;
- Proficient knowledge, understanding, and ease of use of the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel and Word;
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills to communicate with senior level attorneys, partners, clients, opposing counsel, court personnel, vendors, staff, and others;
- Strong spelling and grammar skills to draft correspondence, reports, and enter data.
As the Bilingual Case Clerk a professional appearance and polished demeanor are vital. Other traits necessary include:
- Share the Law Offices of Valencia and Diaz, Ltd’s “Why” (mission/purpose):
To defend, educate and empower minority groups and individuals to free them from oppression and injustice so that they can fulfil their true potential through permanency in the U.S. along with their family.
- Car with insurance and valid driver’s license
- Drive for growth and contribution to the community;
- Up to date with issues affecting the immigrant and minority groups;
- Ability and willingness to network;
- Respect for confidentiality and discretion;
- Attention to detail;
- Positive, upbeat attitude;
- Ability to dynamically multitask;
- Creativity and Innovation;
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED required;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
Do not apply if you are not proficient and competent in both English and Spanish.;