Tosoh SMD, Inc. is a global leader in semiconductor materials. Our superior products help customers introduce cutting edge technologies that make our lives easier and move us into the future. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility and materials laboratory located in Grove City, OH manages the entire life cycle of our products, including supply chain development, research and development, manufacturing, testing and distribution.
Our innovative and devoted team of scientists, engineers, metallurgical experts, manufacturers and managers continuously collaborate and strategize to improve and create new materials for a wide range of customers' semiconductor needs. These products are used in many final applications like automotive, mobile devices, computers, artificial intelligence, 5G networks and industrial automation. As one of over 100 Tosoh Corporation's family of companies our motto is "We Make the Material That Makes Your Devices Work".
The scheduled shift for this role is Monday - Friday, 6:00AM-2:00PM.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and solders bond assemblies (including acid etching , Ni plating, etc.).
- Inspects backing plates.
- Vacuum dries component parts and assemblies including loading, unloading, preventive maintenance etc.
- Operates hydraulic press, D/A, angle grinder, hand sand and shot blast targets & assemblies.
- Maintains all related computer and paper documentation.
- Lean Methods / 5s.
- Learns Job Instructions and Standard Work.
- Final sanding of Si targets.
- Exhibits flexibility and positivity when assigned new tasks and projects.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
- Exhibits flexibility and positivity when assigned new tasks
- Minimum education is a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Basic level of computer skills.
- Experience reading drawings, micrometers, calipers, and CMM is desired.
- Experience working with metals and chemicals desired.
- Previous experience with or training in the operation of a manual lathe is desired
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds frequently.
- Frequent bending/twisting required.
- Ability to perform manual labor in a hot environment, including the ability to repeatedly lift, carry and move up to 40 pounds.
TSMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans