Do you enjoy working in a routine environment that allows you to be predictable and consistent with your work outcome? Are you able to read and follow specific guidelines and criteria in finite detail? Do you like working with your hands and have good hand dexterity? Can you interface with a computer to work with programs? Do you want to be part of an aerospace business with a history of investment into the business and desires to be a world class business? Ferco is looking for qualified Brake Press Operator to join our growing team.
Brake Press Operators complete manufacturing processes and ensure work is completed to a high degree of accuracy. The ideal team member will have proven experience in a manufacturing environment. Full-time position available on 1st shift. Positions come with benefits and a retention plan with increases. Work is in a climate-controlled manufacturing facility with a friendly environment and a small company feel.
If this is not an accurate description of who you are, please do not apply—this position is not a good fit.
The ideal candidate for this position would be able to do the following and possess the following
- Form bend angles on aerospace components to very close tolerances using a manual press brake.
- Performs the set-ups for manual form operations per work instructions.
- May perform some trouble-shooting and rework of production items.
- Must be able to work from complex and detailed blueprints and/or verbal and written instructions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task
- Good work ethic
- Willing to learn
- Good attendance
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Possess basic computer knowledge
- Possess Brake Press experience
- Able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and stand for long periods of time on a daily basis
- Able to bend, twist, turn, carry, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, etc
- Able to successfully pass vision screens
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
- Monday - Thursday 6:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Overtime possible daily and Fridays
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. Ferco Aerospace will require proof of status prior to employment.
We offer competitive benefits, 401K matching, paid time-off, and paid holidays.