Job ID: 4897 - AFSCME - FT (Hourly)
Performs a variety of moderately complex technical and custodial tasks related to maintaining the University's buildings, facilities, and grounds.
- Operates heavy equipment which may include tractors, trucks, snow removal equipment, back hoes, trenchers, street sweepers, bushog, or carpet cleaning power van.
- May operate portable power equipment including chain saws, blowers, mowers, and drapery/upholstery cleaning machines.
- Performs routine cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
- May perform minor carpet repair including repairing split seams and renailing tack strips.
- May assist in the set up and break down for events; moves tables, chairs, staging and technical equipment; may assist with the maintenance and preparation of athletic fields and facilities.
- May mix and apply various chemical solutions including herbicides, pesticides and cleaning solutions.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.
Requires six months of training beyond high school in equipment operation/maintenance and one year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires driver's license. May require pesticide applicator's license.
How to Apply