DePaul Cristo Rey High School (DPCR) seeks an energetic professional to maintain relationships with families, perform accounting functions and assist the CFO in other management functions and operations at the school.
Located in Cincinnati, OH, the school serves culturally diverse high school students who are selected based on their potential for college preparatory courses, employability, and on financial need. DPCR is co-sponsored by the Archdiocese of Cincinnati and the Sisters of Charity. The school is a member of the Cristo Rey Network, a national network of successful schools.
Duties and Responsibilities (not all inclusive of role responsibilities)
• Develop and maintain relationships with families guiding them through tuition collection process
• Maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure;
• Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close;
• Prepare payments for Accounts Payable accurately and timely;
• Assist the CFO in daily banking requirements;
• Support budget and forecasting activities;
• Work with the CFO to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit;
• Monthly preparation of invoices;
• Represent the Business Office and the School in meetings and conferences with students, families, vendors, and other individuals and organizations, as requested by the CFO
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail-oriented, able to multi-task and proactive in completing responsibilities and troubleshooting. Must have a flexible work schedule to meet the business needs of the school. He or she must have strong verbal, written and analytical skills and very strong organizational skills; be able to exercise good judgment which exemplifies professionalism; demonstrate an understanding of and experience in business culture; demonstrate proficiency with Quickbooks or other commercial accounting software and Microsoft Office; and be willing and flexible to do what needs to be done for the good of the school’s mission. He or she understands and appreciates the education mission of the Sisters of Charity and the Cristo Rey Network mission.
Bachelor’s degree required
3-5 years successful experience in accounting and/or business management
Previous experience with non-profit accounting a plus
Bi-lingual (English & Spanish) a plus
How to Apply
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Submit your cover letter, resume and three professional employment references to: