We are looking for a person with purchasing experience between a level 1 - level 3. Pay will DOE and we prefer purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
A Level 1 Buyer will have the responsibility to source quality vendors, negotiate pricing, and purchase items consistent with the procurement strategy established by the VP/CFO, and the senior management at Weiss-Technik/CSZ Products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Rationalize vendor selection and consolidate vendors where possible to achieve greater value or leverage for commodities items.
- Manage Material Requirements Planning (MRP) to effectively deliver supply materials at the right time, right quantity, and price.
- Work closely with manufacturing to coordinate supplier issues and assure projects remain on schedule.
- Provide initial point of contact for supplier management including Request for Quote (RFQs) .
- Support Supplier Performance Measurement process (i.e., quality, on-time delivery, response to variable demand, etc.).
- Manage data required in MRP system including ERP vendor maintenance, price, lead-time, purchase orders and delivery dates.
- Resolve AP payment issues in a timely manner and minimize impact to both CSZ and supplier.
- Cultivate a teamwork environment with Warehousing, Inventory, Quality, and Traffic to insure an efficient supply management process.
- Understand the importance of compliance with respect to device safety and efficacy, ramification of non-compliance, general safety rules, manufacturing procedures, company policies and applicable procedures, ISO, QSR and FDA regulations to direct reports.
- Additionally, communicate the employees' role in achieving Weiss-Technik/CSZ Products quality objectives and goals and CSZ’s commitment to compliance. Adhere to applicable safety rules, manufacturing procedures, company policies and applicable procedures, ISO, QSR and other FDA regulations.
- Strong organization, project management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Prevent or anticipate supply issues and mitigate risk of interruption to Manufacturing.
- Ability to communicate, lead and influence effectively across various levels of the organization.
- Utilize tactical problem solving skills balancing order fulfillment priorities pertaining to open orders versus inventory, freight costs versus service levels, and quickly determine the optimum solution that meets our on-time delivery to our customers.
- Be adept at performing detailed and thorough investigations and be able to communicate implications of analysis and corrective action(s).
- Have a complete understanding of, and be able to apply sound Purchasing principles, concepts and practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (internal and external) as well as strong Interpersonal and team skills.
- Strong negotiating and purchase agreement skills and experience
- Solicit competing bids from multiple vendors
- Perform cost comparisons and analysis
- Cost and lead time reduction
- Possess professional attitudes towards vendors, internal customers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel. Experience with MRP/ERP system.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Technical degree or equivalent.
- 0-5 years of purchasing experience in manufacturing environment.
- CPM or CPSM a plus
Mostly stationary work with occasional movement throughout the facility to access files, chambers, office machinery, etc. Works at a desk and a computer screen for extended periods of time. Employee must be able to manually enter data to the computer system and understand the screen and images that appear. Frequently lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs and occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs. Use of hands to hold, lift and handle materials. Occasional climbing, bending and squatting. Periodic travel may be involved. When traveling, significant portions of travel time (both car and air) may involve extended sedentary periods. Subject to weather and adverse driving conditions when outside.
Direct Reports: NO
FLSA: Exempt or Non-exempt
Exempt - Full-Time - 40 hours/week