This position is expected to perform moderately complex and intricate assembly of parts to form complete units or subassemblies.
The Job Title listed empowers the Incumbent with the authority to execute all duties and responsibilities listed below. In the event of a conflict of authority, the Incumbent shall elevate to direct supervisor for resolution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- All functions required at Production General Assembly Level I
- Assist in daily preparations duties as assigned for the assembly, testing and repair of various critical electronic products manufactured by the company
- Manufacture, and/or install, and route wiring, cables and harnesses to specification
- Build boards and assemble electronic components and sub-assemblies using hand tools like power drills and power screwdrivers.
- Secure all wiring ensuring that it all meets or exceeds quality and quantity standards
- Position, align, or adjust work pieces or electrical parts to facilitate wiring or assembly
- Provide critical feedback related to design and assembly challenges with a commitment to delivering quality products in every instance
- Perform electrical / mechanical assembly on a variety of components, sub-assemblies and top-level assemblies by following specified procedures and instructions to produce electrical / mechanical components.
- Meet project completion timelines and shipping schedules.
- Maintain a clean and efficient shop & production area.
- Other duties as assigned
- Possession of High School Diploma or GED
- 1-5 years’ experience
- Able to read advanced standard blueprints, schematics and have consistently proven high efficiencies on assignments with outstanding quality. Capable of doing welding required for the position.
- Can perform functions of refrigeration including leak testing and repairs.
- Have displayed the ability to be a good communicator and the ability to work in a team environment with success.
- Preferred: previous experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Preferred: experience and education in refrigeration, including wrapping, piping, soldering, brazing, and mounting of refrigeration components
- Demonstrated ability to follow procedures
- Familiarity with tools.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints, and electronic
Mostly standing work with frequent lifting and occasionally carrying up to 25 lbs. Occasionally lifting up to 100 lbs. Lifting more than 50 lbs. must be performed with mechanical aids; if mechanical aids are not available the lift will be performed by two or more employees in a team lift. Detailed work with hands; fine work, simple grasping, pushing and pulling and high speed assembly. Position requires frequent bending, squatting, reaching, and kneeling with occasional crawling climbing and twisting.