What is Compellier?
Compellier is focused on creating value in the construction industry by investing in technologies and business practices that improve the longevity and quality of building systems as well as the work environment and productivity of our team members and customers in service of our purpose- balconies that don’t leak; floors that don’t fail. We build sustainable growth through startups, targeted acquisitions, and development of solid relationships that support our industry with superior service and technology. Compellier has three brands:
- Cemplex Group: A construction subcontractor serving primarily the multi-family housing and hospitality markets across the central and eastern United States from 6 regional offices.
- Formulated Materials: A developer and distributor of waterproofing, sound dampening, leveling, and sub-floor systems that are leading innovation in their field.
- Smart Batch Systems: An innovative startup making network connected small aggregate cement mixing heavy equipment that makes work crews safer and more productive while providing immediate access to productivity, progress, and issues on construction projects.
At Compellier, we believe our ICOMPEL values are the foundation for all internal interactions and how we conduct business. We are seeking a Concrete Finisher for Cemplex Group who can execute the responsibilities of the position in a manner that is consistent with our values.
Integrity: Do the right thing
Commitment: Keep your promises and make happy customers
Opportunity to Succeed: This is a career, seize the day
Master your Craft: Take pride in your work
Protect: Keep each other safe
Everyone: We are all involved and bring value
Love: Treat others with dignity and respect
The Cemplex Group CDL A Driver position is responsible driving material to various job sites on time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive Tractor-Trailer, Flatbed, Heavy Duty Trucks
- Deliver material and equipment to various jobsites and up to 4 hours away from the Cemplex Office.
- Unload Equipment and material at job sites
- Operate other equipment as needed
- Communicate with General Contractors on job sites as to location of Material/Equipment staging.
- Perform Pre-Trip inspections and maintain Driver Log Book Daily.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to live the ICOMPEL Values
- Ability to receive guidance and training from experienced team members
- Ability to work effectively on teams and independently
- Ability to manage equipment and tools with the appropriate care
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Valid Class A CDL
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Lift, pull, push, and carry 80 lbs. of weight intermittently.
- Ability to identify safety hazards and communicate effectively with others.
- Bend, squat, twist, and reach in various positions as the situation dictates.
- Long periods of sitting in one spot
- Overnight travel may be required within 4 hours of the office location. Accommodations and daily per diem are employer provided.