Do you enjoy working in an environment where you will be challenged? If you are interested in working for a company where you can use your current skills and learn new skills then High Concrete Group, LLC may have the career opportunity for you!
We are actively seeking a Driver to join our Material Handling team on 1st shift in Springboro, OH.
This role will require the candidate to operate multiple pieces of heavy equipment, flatbed tractor trailers, cranes, and more to assist in moving concrete panels weighing up to 100,000 lbs across our manufacturing plant. This role will require candidates to get in and out of their cab multiple times per shift, helping out the material handling team as needed to help ensure everything is being done accurately and safely.
Material Handlers are responsible for assisting in duties to ensure the proper and safe handling of products from the production areas to yard storage. Also, to ensure a smooth and safe flow of products from the storage areas onto trailers for shipments to job sites.
Ideal candidates must be willing and flexible to work outdoors and available for overtime hours, including Saturdays).
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 2-5 years of experience driving heavy equipment/CDL or similar vehicle
- Ability to work outdoors regardless of weather conditions
- A valid driver’s license is required!
- Certified equipment operator a plus; travel lift and/or tow motor a plus
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- Basic math and measurement skills
- Team player
- Assist Equipment Operators in hooking up products for loading/unloading. Give correct hand signals to the Operator for setting, lifting, or maneuvering pieces
- Ability to climb ladders / work outside in the elements
- Ability to verify pieces are secure for movement throughout the plant
- Demonstrate knowledge of correct lifting and handling of product, proper blocking to set pieces to handle the weight of the piece, the proper position of chains, slings, and straps for correct and safe lifting of pieces
- Maintain an attitude of safety awareness
Working for The High Companies:
High Concrete Group LLC combines innovation, proven technology, more than three-quarters of a century’s experience as a precast company, and nearly 50 years as a precaster.
- Tuition Assistance with 100 percent reimbursement for approved courses and degree programs which are job-related and approved in advance by your supervisor.
- Employee Assistance Program provides professional, confidential assistance for any type of personal issue you or your eligible dependents are experiencing.
- High Family Foundation Scholarship is awarded annually to the children of High co-workers working at least 1,000 hours per year and employed for at least two years. Recipients are awarded $4,000 for each year they are enrolled in a two- or four-year accredited degree program.
- Good Measure Award is presented periodically to an individual or team from each of the High companies who exemplify The High Philosophy and who has gone above and beyond normal job responsibilities to provide "Good Measure."
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision available for full-time coworkers. Vacation is offered to regular full-time coworkers and is earned annually on your anniversary date. You may carry over a portion of your hours into the next anniversary year.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match.