CDL Delivery Drivers drive trucks to deliver products to customer’s job-sites. Inspects all loads to be delivered to ensure their accuracy. Conducts pre-trip inspections on equipment and does assigned preventative maintenance to ensure their continued operation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Works with warehouse and yard staff to load truck. Stages load according to route determined by dispatcher.
2. Inspects load for accuracy, compares to delivery receipts. Secures load prior to leaving loading area.
3. Inspects truck for defects before and after trips. Completes and submits inspection reports, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
4. Drives assigned delivery route, obeying all traffic laws and DOT regulations. Accurately follows directions, schedules, and procedures.
5. Conducts self as Customer Service professional at all times.
6. Follows all company’s safety policies, rules and regulations at all times, whether at Mueller’s, in the truck, or at the jobsite.
7. Maintains hands-free telephone contact with dispatcher. Reports any delays, mechanical problems, traffic violations, accidents, customer complaints, or other customer service issues immediately.
8. Inspects customer’s delivery site for entry and exit problems. Checks sidewalks, driveways, yards, and property in general, for potential damage problems that may be caused by delivery vehicle and equipment. Obtains “hold harmless” release from customer or homeowner if delivery site is in risk of damage by delivery vehicle and equipment.
9. Unloads delivery in accordance with company’s customer service and safety procedures. Operates unloading and service equipment such as cranes, moffetts, conveyors, or other power equipment in accordance with established operating and safety procedures. Provides direction to assisting staff if applicable.
10. Follows and supports the 4-sure program.
11. Obtains customer representative’s signature on delivery receipts when possible. On C.O.D. deliveries, collects payment for goods delivered and for delivery charges.
12. Listens to and reports any customer or homeowner complaints to Dispatcher immediately. Documents all complaints on company’s “Incident Report” form and submits form in accordance with policy and procedure.
13. Maintains (updates daily) and submits driver logs in accordance with federal and state regulations, and, company policies and procedures.
14. Completes and submits “Incident Report” in accordance with company’s policies and procedures for any happening that caused or may have caused personal injury or property damage. Completes and submits all other required or requested reports in an accurately and timely manner.
15. Cleans inside of truck. Maintains housekeeping of truck and assigned work area.
16. Obtains and maintains certification for forklift and other equipment operation including crane, boom, conveyor, or moffett. Does not operate equipment without proper certification. Inspects and maintains forklift and other equipment in accordance with established procedures.
17. Keeps branch management informed on competitive information gained from customer interaction.
18. Participates in the company’s performance evaluation processes. Sets goals for improvement and strives to achieve.
How to Apply
We have positions open in our Dayton and Cincinnati Branches. Visit our branch or call Sherri at 513 679-8540 x1609
400 E Wyoming Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45215
2521 Edwin C Moses
Dayton, Oh 45417
Resumes can also be sent to:
or faxed to: