There are many ways to define excellence. For us at The Christ Hospital, it’s all about our patients...And making healthcare what they want it to be. Accessible. Personal. Affordable.
Our commitment to exceptional outcomes, affordable care and the finest patient experiences is recognized yearly with numerous awards from leading healthcare organizations and publications. At the top of our list of honors are the 17 consecutive years that we’ve been named to U.S. News & World Report’s list of Best Hospitals and being named the Most Preferred Hospital by the Greater Cincinnati community for 21 consecutive years (National Research Corporation).
What does this mean for you?
GROWTH- opportunities to learn, develop, and impact.
VALUE- a robust employee package that provides you the ability to maintain a healthy work-life balance, competitive compensation, flexible and meaningful benefits, development opportunities so you can be your best self, and a culture of compassion.
PRIDE- from all that we have accomplished in our past, and all that we’re positioned for in the future.
CHALLENGE- we are in one of the most competitive markets in the nation, yet continue to rise to the top through our incredible employees and transformational results. We seek individuals motivated by what it takes to be a part of a winning team.
Named #24 on Forbes 500 America’s Best Employers for 2017, we are transforming care…inspired by you.
Title: Central Service Technician I
Shift: Full Time, Evenings
Weekend/Holiday: Every other weekend/ holiday
This position will be scheduled 40 hours per week in the Central Service department at the main hospital located at 2139 Auburn Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio 45219.
Job Overview: Responsible for the decontamination, cleaning, processing, and sterilization of trays, instruments, supplies, and equipment following all infection control practices. Responsible for dispensing equipment upon request. Maintains accurate records and departmental inventory usage. Responsible for case cart building and responds to requests from surgery.
The Central Service Technician I may perform the following duties:
- Disassembles, cleans, and disinfects instruments and equipment used for patient care utilizing correct manual and mechanical processes.
- Operates equipment used in the decontamination process, i.e. sonic washer, cart washers, washer sterilizers and decontaminators.
- Transports case carts from soiled holding area in surgery to decontamination room.
- Unloads case cart containing soiled instruments and places in designated area. Places case carts in cart washer.
- Performs cleaning tasks in work area as assigned.
- Uses universal precautions when working in decontamination area (i.e., gloves, face shields, protective gown).
- Utilizes SPM computer system to track instruments and case carts.
- Makes rounds throughout the facility to retrieve reusable instruments and equipment and transports back to Central Service.
- Unloads instruments from washer sterilizers and distributes to appropriate workstations.
- Assembles selected instrument trays and packs (basins, peel packs, small instrument sets) utilizing written instructions and proper protocol.
- Recognizes and memorizes a large variety of instruments.
- Applies sterilization wrappers properly to maintain the integrity of the contents.
- Utilizes heat sealer on packs as needed.
- Each item is identified correctly on the outside packaging of each item.
- Loads sterilizer carriage and transports trays to sterilization area.
- Surgical preference lists are obtained from computer to build case cart.
- Location of instruments and supplies are labeled to increase efficiency.
- Case carts are distributed to specified area.
- Procedural carts used in all patient care areas are restocked, stored, or returned to appropriate area.
- Fulfills requests from OR core areas when requested.
- Assists with one-on-one training of other associates.
- Responds to emergency codes when required.
- Follows instructions and departmental guidelines regarding sterility.
- Attends departmental-in-services and mandatory meetings.
- Knowledgeable of all areas in Central Service.
- Acts as a liaison between Central Service and all customers and communicates in a courteous manner.
- Makes effective use of time and is able to distinguish between low and high priority activities
Education: Must have high school diploma or GED and be a registered Central Service Technician or become certified within one year.
Experience: 0-1 year as a Certified Technician
How to Apply