- Performing routine operation of basic control systems and devices to monitor levels, temperatures, pressures and flow rates and transfer of products.
Lift hoses, bolt flanges and operate valves and similar equipment including the proper clearing and isolation of equipment.
- Control, monitor and make necessary adjustments on control systems and manually operated equipment.
Troubleshoot process, product quality, safety, and environmental problems and identify equipment requiring maintenance.
- Ensure quality control by performing testing on products and sampling when required.
- Accountable for completing all in process reports and documents associated with job tasks responsibilities accurately and completely during shift operations.
Operators must review with the next shift operator the status of all in-process operations. Information must be accurately and clearly communicated to ensure continued operation of the plant and to produce quality product in a safe and efficient manner.
Operators are responsible to see that the security of the plant is maintained throughout their shift.
Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Responsible Care Management System including the establishment of policies and procedures, assigning responsibilities and tracking progress.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Good math and mechanical aptitude.
- Strong work ethic. Independently motivated to produce results.
- Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
- Ability to work in an empowered team environment, including the ability to effectively communicate, share information, resolve issues, give and receive both positive and negative feedback in a respectful and professional manner.
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts, starting on night shift.
- Ability to work in inclement weather.
- Ability to reach all work areas in the plant (i.e. climb ladders, negotiate catwalks, handle heights to 50 feet, etc.), to lift twist and turn up to 50 lb. (i.e. open and close large valves, inspect equipment, and don emergency equipment as needed.
- Due to safety sensitive nature of job, must pass regular & routine chemical dependency testing, annual respirator fit testing, and annual physical as required for certain tasks.
- Prior chemical experience preferred.
- Fork truck driver experience preferred.
How to Apply
Pilot Chemical Careers Page - https://www.pilotchemical.com/about/careers
Direct to Chemical Operator Job Posting - https://www.pilotchemical.com/about/careers?gnk=job&gni=8a7885ac688e288e0168d566e6420ab8