Performs duties required in operating a variety of equipment used to manufacture Heparin Active. Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) in his/her assigned processing area, including the receiving and unloading of bulk reagents and chemicals, and warehouse operations (receipt of crude heparin imports and shipping of heparin API), maintaining responsibility for tasks as assigned. Dependent upon processing area of assignment, this may include mucosa digestion and recovery, complex chemical reactions, extractions, distillations, absorptions, filtrations and drying operations.
- Operates process equipment, such as filter presses, pumps and agitators.
- Dispenses and charges materials into process vessels.
- Performs routine cleaning of process equipment and work areas.
- Executes batch instructions.
- Performs batch monitoring using analytical instrumentation such as pH meter, gas chromatography, thermometer.
- Monitors and evaluates batch data.
- Responds to process alarms.
- Offers suggestions to improve Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
- Reports any extraordinary conditions to supervision which could compromise product quality.
- Follows all relevant department and site safety practices and policies.
- Follows gowning requirements.
- Follows Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and pharmaceutical operating techniques.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Considerable standing, walking, climbing of stairs and ladders, lifting and moving of containers up to 25 kg. 7 day work schedule with up to 12 hour shifts when needed.
Work Environment: Frequent exposure to airborne particles; must work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Use of eye protection is required.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
This position is primarily first shift; Weekend, Holiday and Overtime may be required from time to time to meet business or customer needs.
- Last Date to Apply for Job: Dec 17th, 2020
- Additional Location Information: Franklin, OH
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
A high school degree or GED equivalent is required.
Requires good organizational and problem solving skills
The ability to work in a team environment and have good interpersonal skills is essential.
Requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Must be able to operate a personal computer and be familiar with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
Must be able to perform basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
Must be able to read and understand complex operating instructions.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Production related fields (preference, but not required).
How to Apply
ONLY applications received through the link below will be considered.
Position is located in Franklin, OH.